top of page

Kings Preparatory School Auckland ~ By Angela Vanstone

Lovely medium sized frame, flat glass.

H18cm W23cm D2cm

KING'S PREPARATORY SCHOOL, AUCKLAND

"The Towers" (seen beyond The Chapel in the painting) was built on twelve acres by David Graham in 1855. In 1865 the property, including a further five acres, was bought by James McCosh, Mayor of Auck-land. In 1895 Mr J. Graham Bruce purchased the house and land to establish King's College. With the transfer of the secondary department to Middlemore in 1922, King's ment to Middlemore in 1922, King's Preparatory School continued on this site.

The Chapel of the Holy Child began its life in the 1850's, as the stable to serve "The Towers. When the School was established in 1896, the loft (once a storage space for hay) was used as a dormitory, with Science Laboratory below.

The Architect for the development of the building as a Chapel was Mr

D. B. Patterson, and it was dedicated on 29th November, 1928, by Archbishop Averill.

OLD NEW ZEALAND HOMES

From the original painting by

ANGELA VANSTONE

Kings Preparatory School ~ Angela Vanstone

$25.00Price
Quantity
      • Instagram
      • Facebook

      Connect on socials: Instagram @the.witchery.nz

      Facebook @thewitcherynz

      Contact text: 0212266136

      Email: Thewitcherynz@gmail.com

      Open by appointment

      10 Old Pine Valley Road, Silverdale

      bottom of page